What's Mobile Deposit?
Need to deposit a check, but don’t have time to make an extra trip to the bank? No need to worry. You can deposit it securely using Mobile Deposit* from your AllSouth Mobile Banking app. With Mobile Deposit, you can deposit your check when it’s convenient for you. Here’s more information about Mobile Deposit.
What Is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit provides the security and convenience of using your smartphone or tablet to deposit a check into your savings or checking account anytime, anywhere.
How does Mobile Deposit work?
Mobile Deposit is available through our Mobile Banking app. This feature allows you to take a picture of a physical check to make your deposit.
You can deposit checks made payable to and endorsed by you in U.S. dollars from any U.S. financial institution. Only checks and cashier’s checks can be deposited to your account using our Mobile Banking app. There are no fees to use this service; however, charges may apply for returned items and overdrafts.
Depositing a check using the Mobile Banking app is quick and simple. Here’s how it’s done:
- Log in to your Mobile Banking app.
- Select "Deposit" in the Mobile Banking app menu.
- Select the account where you want to deposit the check and enter the amount of your check.
- Endorse the check and write "For Mobile Deposit Only at AllSouth" on the back.
- Take a picture of the front and back of the check when prompted.
- Select "Deposit".
Once the check images are submitted, you’ll receive an email confirming that your deposit was received and is processing.
If there are no delays or issues with the check, your funds are typically available within two (2) business days after the deposit has been made. Once the funds are available, they will show in your account’s Available Balance. You can also see your deposit by selecting Deposit > View Deposit History in the menu.
Now, what do you do with the check after you make the deposit? Keep the check in a secure location for at least five (5) days, but no longer than 14 days, to ensure there were no mishaps during the check processing. After that time, simply shred the check.
Tips for Taking Pictures of Your Check:
- Hold your camera parallel to the check and ensure the entire check is framed inside the guidelines on your phone screen.
- Don’t use flash when you snap your picture, as it can distort the quality of the image.
- Take the picture in a well-lit environment, against a dark background.
- Lay your check flat and smooth out any folds or creases.
Is Mobile Deposit safe?
Yes, Mobile Deposit is safe. The information is encrypted when uploaded from your mobile device. Once the check is submitted for processing, the image of the check isn’t saved on your device either.
Have More Questions?
Check out our Mobile Deposit FAQ page for more helpful information about Mobile Deposit.
With Mobile Deposit, there's no need to go to a local branch or ATM to deposit a check. Use our secure Mobile Deposit when it’s convenient for you. Check out other Online and Mobile Banking features to help you manage your accounts and save time.
*Access to this service may be limited due to eligibility requirements.